Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ella's Birthday & Kate's Comments

Happy 5th Birthday to Ella!  Ella & I went to a Pinkalicious Play on Saturday.  It was so cute!  She requested breakfast for dinner on Saturday night - Ella's favorite thing to do!  And then cake & ice-cream.  She took cupcakes to the babysitter to share with her friends on Wednesday.  Up until the weekend she wasn't sure that she wanted to have a birthday.  She said that she really liked 4 and 5 just seemed so old.  But at the last minute, she decided to try 5 and so far, so good.  When she got up on Wednesday, she confirmed that she was indeed 5.  I asked her if she felt different and she said that she didn't.  Although while eating breakfast she told me she didn't think that she wanted to be 6 next year, seems a little old :-)  I would have to agree!

And Kate insists that she is 4 (she's only 2.5)  She tells everyone that she is 4 - if I correct her, she cries and says that she's 4...she's a stinker.  On a separate note, we were swinging last night.  A truck went by and Kate commented that it was a "BIG truck".  I agreed that it was and told her that it was a UPS truck.  She said, "I don't like UPS trucks, I like cheeseburgers".  Not sure why they go together in her head, but it made perfect sense to her.

A story for us to remember about Ella...Ella goes to school where Aunt Annie works so we get some stories.  Miss Sandy came into her room to take one of her friends for therapy.  He didn't want to go.  Ella then proceeded to give Miss Sandy some tips.  First she told her that if she lets him finish with "lunch" that Ella was getting him in the pretend kitchen, that maybe he would go then.  That didn't work.  So she told Miss Sandy that if she sat down and played with them that maybe he would get to know her better and would go then.  Miss Sandy found this humorous - that Ella, at 4 would be able to figure out how to do Miss Sandy's job that she was been doing for 30 years!  She is such a nurturer at school!

And in an attempt to get me to lay with her longer at night, Ella was trying to make me feel sad for her...she told me that she's just not good at sleeping.  She said that she's awake until she falls asleep (in the saddest voice you can imagine).  I told her that I have the same problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment